NEW!! Program Registration Process and Card/FOB Renewal/Membership Details
Card/FOB Renewal / Membership Week
Senior Center Membership Cards/FOBS may be leisurely purchased at the Manchester Senior Center, the Community Y Recreation Center, Center Springs Recreation Office or at the Customer Service Center. Currently 2021 Membership Cards/FOBS are now valid July 1, 2021 through December 2021 for the half-year price of $5.00
Beginning January, 2022 Senior (60+) Membership Cards/FOBS will be valid
JANUARY 1st, through DECEMBER 31st ANNUALLY for $10/YEAR.
Proof of age and residency is required upon purchase.
Senior Center Membership cards/FOBS are honored at all Recreation Centers and outdoor pools. Senior Center Members age 60 and older may participate in all programs. If you have any questions regarding program registration/fees, please contact Missy Rankin, Recreation Supervisor at 860-647-3210.
Senior membership Card/FOB fees
60 years and older - $10.00/year
Seniors may register at any registration location at 9:00 a.m. Registration will be on-going. Register at the Manchester Senior Center, the Community "Y" Recreation Center, Center Springs Recreation Center or at the Customer Service Center.
- Seniors must submit a registration form to the front desk for the following classes:
- Registration forms may be picked up at the front desk
- Register for lottery classes on one (1) registration form only
- If you submit more than one form, the second form will be considered last after all first forms have been considered
- A $5.00 commitment fee is required for each class. Please make check payable to “Town of Manchester”
- Please place your registration form and check into a non-sealed blank envelope (envelopes are available at the front desk)
- Registration forms received without proper fee will not be processed
- No advantage is given to registrations received on the first day
- No phone registrations will be accepted
- Checks only – no cash
- NO lottery registration forms will be accepted after dates specified in Monthly newsletters!
- We keep all registration lottery forms submitted as PROOF OF EACH MEMBERS LOTTERY SUBMISSION
- Registrants will not be present for the drawing
- Class postings of acceptance into the lottery classes will be posted in the LOBBY
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ
** If at any time after CLASSES have begun and YOU DO NOT SEE YOUR NAME ON THE ATTENDANCE SHEET - it means that you should COME TO THE FRONT DESK and verify your SIGNUP/ENROLLMENT/REGISTRATION for the class **
ALSO: ALL CHECKS submitted through the LOTTERY PROCESS ARE CASHED whether you get picked for a class or you are put on a waiting list. PLEASE DO NOT ASSUME that because your check was cashed that you definitely got into the class of your choosing!!
If you registered for a class and did not get in to the class you wanted:
- Your name will automatically be placed on the class waiting list and a credit will be applied to your account. (At which time you may not attend this class until you have received a call from the front office advising you that you are being enrolled into this class from the waiting list. The instructor must clear this information with Missy Rankin, Recreation Supervisor, before anyone may attend the class. Attendance sheets are taken into accountability. It is an unfair practice to others on the waiting list if you attend this class before given permission to attend. We usually wait about a month (30 days) before we open waiting lists, call you, and allow you to attend the class.) We appreciate your cooperation.
If you would like to register for another class, or check for lottery class openings after the drawing, you can do so starting on the specified registration date as noted in the Monthly Newsletter. You can use the credit on your account at that time, or you can save the credit for any other future class or membership. If you would rather have a refund check mailed to you instead of having a credit on your account, please call the front office at 860-647-3211 and we would be happy to process it for you
- A $5.00 commitment fee will be implemented for the followig programs (subject to change):
- Bellyrobics, Ceramics, Duplicate Bridge, Greenhouse, Guided Meditation, Line Dancing, Lite-N-Lively, Memory to Memoirs, Strength and Flex, Tai Chi, Yoga Plus, Woodworking and Zumba
- The commitment fee is due at the time of each registration - Fall Registration, Winter/Spring Registration and Summer Registration sessions.
- The commitment fee is Non-Refundable and Non-Transferable UNLESS the Senior Center cancels the class.
Revised (10/2016) Duplicate BRIDGE Player Participation:
- The duplicate bridge program will now be coordinated as a year long program that has a ONE TIME REGISTRATION DATE (September each year).
- Manchester Residents will pay $15.00 for the year (September - shutdown) if they participate in Duplicate Bridge only.
- If the Manchester Resident participates in other activities besides Duplicate Bridge they will also have to purchase an Annual Senior Center Membership card/FOB for $10 (fee a/o 2016) each season as well.
- Out of Town / Non-Residents Duplicate Bridge Player may participate in DUPLICATE BRIDGE ONLY for an ANNUAL FEE of $25. Out of Town/Non-Resident must show his/her driver's license or CT State I.D. at the front desk upon registration each September.
- The Out of Town / Non-Resident Duplicate Bridge players are not eligible to participate in any other activities, classes or programs at the Manchester Senior Center.
Senior Center membership is required for participation in all programs, activities and classes
YOU DO NOT NEED A SENIOR CENTER MEMBERSHIP TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FOLLOWING PROGRAMS:
- Social work services including individual consultations and support groups to Manchester Residents age 60+
- Health services including blood pressure, foot care, nursing appointments, fall risk evaluations and support groups age 60+
- Public information programs such as health and mental health, Medicare, financial, police and other safety, election forums
- Public events such as openings and dedications
- One first-time Newcomer's Meeting, age 60+
- Attending plant sale
- Use of senior center bus for grocery or non-grocery retail shopping, age 60+
- AARP Driver's Ed, 55+
- MACC Lunch Program - A donation of $2.50 or whatever you can afford - MACC (Manchester Area Conference of Churches) Lunch. Please remember to reserve a lunch one to two days ahead by calling the front office 860-647-3211 by 12:30p.m.
Please stop by the office on any day between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. to join or renew your membership.