We have a Facebook page, "LIKE" it to follow along for updates and information:
- PLEASE SEE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ON PAGES 4, 5, & 6
REGARDING COVID VACCINATIONS -
CLICK HERE... JANUARY 2021 NEWSLETTER
Just in 12/29/20 - AARP's CEO has extended the cancellation of in-person events until April 1st, 2021. When we restart our AARP classes it will be on a state/county level.
If you are in need of assistance please call the Senior Center at 860-647-3211
Office will be staffed during normal hours.
Phones, emails and other communication will continue to be monitored and responded to.
Meal Service (pick-up and delivery options) and transportation services will continue, we will continue to assess these operations based on community need and the safety of our staff.
All other routine operations are suspended.
From the #ManchesterCT Human Services Department re: the #ManchesterCT Senior Center.
Based on consultation with the Director of Health and out of an abundance of caution, the Manchester Human Services Department is announcing the following important dates and announcements regarding the Manchester Senior Center:
• Effective at the close of business Friday, March 13, regular Senior Center group programming, Recreation programs, Health programs and Recreational trips will be canceled until further notice.
• Effective at the close of business on Monday, March, 16 the Senior Center will be closed for all routine operations, until further notice.
• During the shutdown, meal services will continue under a delivery/pick up model. Senior Center staff will work with participants to ensure that people are signed up for the appropriate service.
• The Senior Center will notify our users of the new transportation schedule.
• During the shutdown, Senior Center staff will continue to be available by phone to assist with supporting our residents.
The Manchester Human Services Department recognizes the value that the Senior Center brings to our community and its importance in people’s everyday lives. However, we feel our duty is to take immediate steps to protect the long term health of our residents, staff, and participants. This situation will be assessed frequently and we will make adjustments as needed. We thank you for your patience and support and hope to resume all of our wonderful Senior Center offerings as soon as the situation allows.
For further information please contact:
The Manchester Senior Center at 860-647-3211 or The Manchester Health Department at 860-647-3173
For up to date information regarding the Coronavirus please refer to: www.CDC.gov/COVID19